Flying to Kashmir
Here is some air travel information for your Ski India holidays. When flying to Srinagar (your final destination for Gulmarg Ski Resort), all flights connect through Delhi.
*If you don't see our Flight Booking Widget, it most be that you are using an Ad Blocker in your Browser. Change setting to see ads on this domain.
Flying to Srinagar (Gulmarg) – Traveler's Tips
It's best to get the earliest flight possible from Delhi when flying to Srinagar for your Ski Himalaya vacation.
No doubt you will have a lot of luggage -- walkie talkies, transceivers, and all types of strange electronics. It's best if those items are placed in your checked baggage instead of your carry-on bag. Don't worry about bringing extra luggage because the baggage fees are pretty cheap. We do recommend arriving at the Delhi airport about 3 hours before flight time as luggage and security checks can take some time. Try to get a seat on the right-hand side of the plane to ensure you get a great view of the Himalayas.
- Show your airline ticket and passport to an armed guard outside the airline terminal.
- Proceed into the airline terminal building and wait on line to register.
- Go to another line to pay any luggage surcharge fees.
- Go back to the first line to finish the registration process and the security check. The security check is an intense process in Kashmir as it is a war zone.
- All carry-on bags must have an id tag on it. The id tag must be stamped after the bag has been x-rayed and checked by an army official.
- Before taking a bus to your plane, you will need to identify your checked luggage by pointing out your bags to an official.
- Proceed to the bus that will take you to your plane.
From International Airport Terminal to Domestic Airport Terminal
There is a free shuttle bus that will take you from the International Airport Terminal to the Domestic Airport Terminal. The bus departs from Tower 18, outside the International Air Terminal. Although the shuttle is complimentary, you will need to get a voucher from a shuttle services counter, which is located at a little desk just a few towers down from Tower 18. You will see the towers as you exit the airport terminal near the bus and taxi boarding area. The voucher must come with proof of arrival and departure tickets.
Once you obtain your voucher, proceed to Tower 18. The bus departs from Tower 18 every 20 minutes and will take you to the Domestic Air Terminal. You also have the option to pay for the shuttle; it is cheap.
Airlines and Cost
There are several airlines that offer service from Delhi to Srinagar. Travel time between Delhi and Srinagar takes approximately 1 1/2hours. Links to airline websites are listed below.
- Air India: www.airindia.com
- Jet Airways: www.jetairways.com
- Jetkonnect: www.jetkonnect.in (the all-economy service airline of Jet Airways)
- SpiceJet: www.spicejet.com
- IndiGo: www.goindigo.in
- GoAir: www.goair.in
- Kingfisher Airlines: www.flykingfisher.com
- Emirates: www.emirates.com
Budget about 60$ USD (3000 rupees) for a one way ticket between Delhi and Srinagar. On this you will have to add a luggage surcharge of 20$ USD (1000 rupees) per trip for your equipment.